Sample Pre Coaching Questionnaire
Below is a sample pre coaching questionnaire (or rather sample questions you might want to use) however, before you are tempted to hastily copy and paste the whole page consider these tips:
- Be clear on what purpose it will serve – is it to gain information for your benefit, or it is more about raising your own client’s awareness?
- Ensure each question has a clear purpose and don’t ask questions you have already asked and explored
- Review and explore the responses with your client
- Don’t take written answers at face value – be prepared to probe
- Tailor your questions to the needs of each client
Sample Pre Coaching Questionnaire - Example Questions
- What are the 3 biggest changes you want to make in your life over the next 5 years?
- What 3 goals do you want to achieve within the next 3 months?
- If anything was possible what would you wish for?
- What have been your 3 greatest successes to date?
- What is the greatest challenge you have had to overcome?
- What major changes have you been faced with over the last couple of years?
- What is most important to you in your life and why?
- Who are most important to you in your life – what do they provide you with?
- Is your life one of your choosing? If not who is choosing it for you?
- On a scale of 1 -10 how happy are you with your life right now? What are the things that make you happy?
- On a scale of 1-10 how motivated are you in your work/personal life? What motivates you?
- On a scale of 1 -10 how stressed do you feel right now – what are your key stressors?
- List 5 things that you feel you are ‘putting up with’ right now?
- What would you like your coach to do if you struggle with your goals?
- How will you know when you are receiving value from the coaching process?
- What approaches motivate /demotivate you?
- What would you like from your coach during your sessions: score on a scale of 1 -10 where 1 is not at all important and 10 is extremely important:
- Gaining clarity of issues
- Understanding what is important /what motivates me
- Exploring and understanding what is holding me back
- Gaining an insight into who I am, my strengths, capabilities and potential
- Providing encouragement and support
- Helping define goals
- Helping to identify action and next steps
- Challenging you with difficult questions
Providing honest and direct feedback
- Making you accountable for your goals
Coaching Programme Design
First Coaching Session
Intake Session Checklist
Reasons To End A Coaching Relationship
Ending The Coaching Relationship
Post Coaching Relationship
Return to Home Page from Sample Pre Coaching Questionnaire