Sample Pre Coaching Questionnaire
Below is a sample pre coaching questionnaire (or rather sample questions you might want to use) however, before you are tempted to hastily copy and paste the whole page consider these tips:
- Be clear on what purpose it will serve – is it to gain information for your benefit, or it is more about raising your own client’s awareness?
- Ensure each question has a clear purpose and don’t ask questions you have already asked and explored
- Review and explore the responses with your client
- Don’t take written answers at face value – be prepared to probe
- Tailor your questions to the needs of each client
Sample Pre Coaching Questionnaire - Example Questions
- What are the 3 biggest changes you want to make in your life over the next 5 years?
- What 3 goals do you want to achieve within the next 3 months?
- If anything was possible what would you wish for?
- What have been your 3 greatest successes to date?
- What is the greatest challenge you have had to overcome?
- What major changes have you been faced with over the last couple of years?
- What is most important to you in your life and why?
- Who are most important to you in your life – what do they provide you with?
- Is your life one of your choosing? If not who is choosing it for you?
- On a scale of 1 -10 how happy are you with your life right now? What are the things that make you happy?
- On a scale of 1-10 how motivated are you in your work/personal life? What motivates you?
- On a scale of 1 -10 how stressed do you feel right now – what are your key stressors?
- List 5 things that you feel you are ‘putting up with’ right now?
- What would you like your coach to do if you struggle with your goals?
- How will you know when you are receiving value from the coaching process?
- What approaches motivate /demotivate you?
- What would you like from your coach during your sessions: score on a scale of 1 -10 where 1 is not at all important and 10 is extremely important:
- Gaining clarity of issues
- Understanding what is important /what motivates me
- Exploring and understanding what is holding me back
- Gaining an insight into who I am, my strengths, capabilities and potential
- Providing encouragement and support
- Helping define goals
- Helping to identify action and next steps
- Challenging you with difficult questions
Providing honest and direct feedback
- Making you accountable for your goals
Coaching Programme Design
First Coaching Session
Intake Session Checklist
Reasons To End A Coaching Relationship
Ending The Coaching Relationship
Post Coaching Relationship
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.
Return to Home Page from Sample Pre Coaching Questionnaire